Friday 27 March 2009

K-PAX by Gene Brewer, Chapter: Session 7

"If I told you you'd blow yourselves up. Or worse, someone else." [p89 - prot on the method of light travel]

"Spoken like a true homo sapiens." [p89]

"When could you give me a little demonstration?"
"How about right now?"
"That would be quite acceptable."
"Shalom," he said. "Aloha". But of course he just sat there grinning at me like a Cheshire cat.
"Well?"
"Well what?"
"When are you going?"
"I'm already back."
I'd been taken in by the old "fastest gun in the West" routine. [p92 - prot is asked to give a demonstration of light travel]

After he chased the astonished woman down the driveway shouting, "Mary Magdelene, I forgive you!" she reported the matter to the authorities [p95 - Russel the patient who thinks he is Jesus led an isolated existance until a determined census worker visited]

Most (suicide) victims don't actually want to die; they want to communicate. [p97]

A manic-depressive once assured me that he would never try to kill himself. I asked him how he could be so sure. "Because," he told me, "I still haven't read Moby Dick." [p97]

No comments:

Post a Comment